Fargo, ND 58102
Enclave is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent for immediate hire.
The Construction Superintendent will provide on-site coordination for all phases of Commercial and Multi-Family construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Superintendent shall supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors on a daily basis. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. This position shall be responsible for monitoring project security personnel. Superintendent shall supervise all Assistant Superintendents.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and material submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of noncompliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revision.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain record of approvals at the job-site.
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to communicate using telephone, fax, written logs, email, mobile phone and digital camera.
- Blueprint reading.
- Physically lift up to 100 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire jobsite, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits works for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of the team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance: Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculates risk; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Must be able to travel; to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of three years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of the trades and be computer literate. Experience in track housing and multi-family production is preferred. Office experience of Master Builder, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project and Outlook) is also preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual’s. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak affectively before groups of customers or employee’s organization.